The Elementary Spanish program at Synergy is a Foreign Language Exploratory Program (FLEX) and it is taught using a research-based Comprehensible Input (CI) approach. What is comprehensible input? In a Comprehensible Input classroom, students are given input (language) that they mostly understand (about 90% of the words used) with the other 10% of the input being language they aren’t familiar with yet. The program's goal is long-term language acquisition at the student’s own pace. The main tool used to provide the target language is storytelling. The program also incorporates music and hands-on activities to explore the language in the context of Spanish-speaking communities and countries in Latin America and around the world. The main source Synergy uses for elementary students is the CI curricula from the Storyteller’s Corner and OohLaLlama.